Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stress Knot...Stress Not - Day 286

Whew! What a roller coaster ride day. I awoke with a knot in my stomach that no Greek yogurt breakfast could quell. Once again money challenges got the best of me. I was depressed...very depressed. I felt frozen. When I got to work I headed to Rich's office to go over a quote. He asked how it was going? I broke out in tears. Why is it when you are feeling vulnerable, the most simple question sends a tidal wave of emotion that escapes out the eyes?! Rich closed his office door and did his best to make me feel better. He listened to my troubles, reminded me how fortunate I am and actually made me feel better.

When I left Rich's office more magic happened. My cell phone had a voice mail message from The Commissary - a commercial kitchen available for rent. I had sent an e-mail requesting info last night and Mark, the owner, responded with pricing and an offer for helpful info to get my cookie business started. I was pleasantly surprised by the rental price. It was actually within reach...if I got on my tippy toes and grew a few inches. I called Mark and discussed license fees and got a clearer picture of just how much I would need to make my dream a reality. Suddenly things didn't didn't seem so hopeless. Happy Dance!

Lunch with my friend Sheri was next on the agenda. We both love Italian and were in the mood for something different. I checked out Urbanspoon on my phone and came up with the solution...Terramia Winebar Trattoria. It was a great choice. The food was delicious and the company even better. It had been far too long since we had gotten together to talk and boy did we talk and talk and talk. It was just what I needed. Thanks Sheri!

Tonight after work, my co-worker and friend Kat met me at PF Chang's for a free wine pour and appetizers. PF Chang's was introducing a new wine, Vineyard 518, at 5:18 p.m. on 5/18 and the best part was it was free. Free is a very good thing. We ordered two appetizers from the happy hour menu at $4 each and an Asian Pear Mojito for "dessert". With my 10% Warrior card discount the bill came to $19 for a light meal for two. Kat and I rarely get the chance to actually sit down and talk about anything but work. Tonight was a rare gift. Thanks Kat!

What began with a stress knot in my stomach, ended with happiness in my heart. Stress knot...stress not!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: