Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fun with Pineapple and Canadian Bacon - Day 291

Last night I made Mike one of his favorites - Hawaiian Pizza. I picked up a large Take and Bake Cheese Pizza from Costco, a large package of Canadian bacon, and a large container of fresh pineapple spears. At Costco, everything is LARGE! Including my bill for the three items...$25.00. With a third of my weekly food budget invested, I need to figure out a way to use all the leftovers.

I knew Mike would take care of the leftover pizza for lunch, but it was up to be to get creative with the Canadian bacon and pineapple. A cookie perhaps? Somehow I think not.

For breakfast I made Mike a bagel sandwich with egg, cheese and Canadian bacon. Dinner was an easy version of Chicken Cordon Blue inspired by the teriyaki chicken my mom was demonstrating at Costco. I simply topped the frozen precooked teriyaki glazed chicken breasts with Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese and baked in a 350 F. oven for 20 minutes. Served it with 90 second rice and a tasty salad and we were eating in no time. Dessert was a Tropical Sundae made with caramelized fresh pineapple topped with a scoop of Butter Almond ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, squirt of whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted pecans and toasted coconut. Very tasty.

After all this, I still had half a package of Canadian bacon and pineapple leftover. Oh my! I gazed into the fridge and freezer. Maybe pasta tossed with Parmesan cream sauce, Canadian bacon and peas? Pork Tenderloin with pineapple salsa? Tropical Muffins with bananas, pineapple and toasted coconut? All with items I already have. This is fun! Maybe another blog site idea...How To Eat Creatively For A Week On Three Costco Items.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: