Monday, May 10, 2010

Eat Dessert First - Day 278

My work travels found me in Largo late this afternoon. I could see St. Petersburg in the distance. St. Petersburg means two things to me - the Tampa Bay Rays and the best gelato I have ever tasted in my life. The Rays were in California, but Paciugo Gelato Cafe was still exactly where I left it over a year ago...at 300 Beach Drive in downtown St. Pete. And it was calling my name. I called Mike and told him I HAD to go on my way home. I could hardly contain my excitement as I walked in the door to peruse the case filled with the creamiest, tastiest frozen confection flavors you will ever put in your mouth. The person behind the counter offered me a taste. I wanted to try every flavor, but showed a little restraint. I tried Blueberry Sorbet with an intense fresh blueberry flavor, Mediterranean Sea Salt Caramel, buttery with the perfect salty touch and Coconut filled with an intensely wonderful taste of the islands. I ordered a medium cup with three flavors. I could not pass up my favorite flavors from last year...Pistachio, Chocolate Hazelnut and added a new favorite - Coconut. To say it was AMAZING would be an understatement. I honestly think I would drive 2 1/2 hours from Orlando to get a cup of this gelato. It is just that good.

Many hugs and GO MAGIC,

Kathy

No comments: