Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Loss And A Gain - Day 273

Most of you know I am a huge sports fan. I listen to sports talk radio all day long as I drive the state for my job. Today I was struck by the passing of the legendary Detroit Tigers broadcaster, Ernie Harwell. I am not a Detroit fan and know very little about Ernie, the broadcaster. What struck me was Ernie, the man. Story after story came over the airwaves about what a good man he was. He made EVERYONE he met feel important. I loved the quote from the speech he gave to the fans as he retired from the broadcast booth. "I may have been a small part of your life, but you have been a large part of mine." Amen. This is the Power of Good.

Around my birthday last year I join a laundry list of restaurant websites and posted the info. I think it is about time to bring out that list again. Last week I received an e-mail from one the sites I joined - Bahama Breeze. As an "Island Insider" I was invited to celebrate Cinco de Mayo Bahamian Style from 5-7 today. Insiders had to RSVP to attend and the perks included one free cocktail, complimentary appetizer buffet and a passport note pad with $10 gift card. My husband, Mike and friends Kenda and Mark joined me in the celebration. It was a great way for Bahama Breeze to thank its loyal customers for their business and an awesome way to enjoy an inexpensive evening out.

Here are some of the sites I have joined so far.

www.bahamabreeze.com - Island Insiders
www.olivegarden.com - Olive Garden Family Table Newsletter
www.seasons52.com - Fresh Intelligence Newsletter
www.redlobster.com - The Fresh Catch Club
www.longhornsteakhouse.com - Longhorn's Western Hospitality Club
www.capitalgrille.com - Emagazine
www.brioitalian.com - Posta Toscana
www.mimiscafe.com - EClub
www.cpk.com - California Pizza Kitchen e mail
www.maggianos.com - Maggiano's Little Italy E mail List
www.sweettomatoes.com or www.soupplantation.com - Club Veg
www.carrabbas.com - Amici Club
www.houlihans.com - Email Club
www.perkinsrestaurants.com - EClub
www.arbys.com - Arby's Extras

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: