Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stop The Roller Coaster...I Want To Get Off! - Day 295

After reviewing my postings the last few weeks I realized what a roller coaster ride my life has been recently. One moment I'm writing about a loss of hope, the next minute, the Power of Good. Up...Down...Up ...Down...Down...Down. I HATE roller coasters...especially the drops. The good times have been really good. I feel them and relish them with all my being. But the bad are really bad and I feel them to my very core.

I crave consistency. I need level ground. A long, straight boring ride...like the road to Tallahassee. Instead I have the Skyline Drive with no guard rails and no brakes.

Tonight I was back to my routine of dining alone. I cooked some whole wheat pasta and topped with leftover cream sauce. The zucchini my dad gave me last week evolved into spicy zucchini and tomatoes, served with a glass of wine and a nice fresh salad. Tonight's dinner guest was a re-run of Housewives of New York City. What a train wreck of a show. It is so bad! The cast embodies all that I dislike in the world...pretentious, obnoxious, petty people. But somehow if I stop for a moment on my channel surf, I just can't turn away. I long for a repeat of last night. A cooked to perfection, beautiful dinner at a dining table with good friends and no TV. My only solace is the smell of homemade cookies and the thought that Mike will be home soon.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: